- Masters Collection
AERIS from Legacy Audio is a speaker system whose striking looks are matched only by its performance capabilities. This 4.5 way system is the first to use the Legacy Dual Air Motion Tweeter (an advanced AMT design) and features open air dipole midrange, dual subwoofers with internal bass amplification, room correction and craftsmanship display options.
AERIS is the first to use the Legacy Dual Air Motion Tweeter (an advanced AMT design) with high power handling and high efficiency, and a titanium encrusted 8” midrange with an enormous motor structure imported from Italy. The bottom end is highlighted by a 10” midbass and dual 12” subwoofers. The dual 12" woofers of the Aeris deliver unprecedented linear output with snap and definition with rich upper bass and clean transition to the lower midrange owing to a 15 lb motor structure.
The bass section is powered by 1,000 watts of included ICEpower® amplification and offers exceptional extension to 18Hz. The included 24-bit DSP Wavelaunch room correction features balanced analog inputs and outputs for optimizing performance. The upper portion of the speaker cabinet is open air dipole for fast decay of mid-bass frequencies and airy spacious highs. The elegant design employs a 2.25” thick baffle with 2” side walls. LED Crossover Illumination within the upper portion of the cabinet reveals the intricately wired crossover design.
AERIS utilizes radiation control via the hybrid dipolar cabinet. Side-wall radiation is greatly reduced while DSP is employed to divide, align, and contour the response. The user needs to supply two channels of amplification and the Wavelaunch processor allows easy gain matching via its output level controls. Room response deviations can be reduced dramatically with the 8 bands of parametric EQ provided on each of the 4 inputs and 8 outputs of the included Wavelaunch processor. Aeris can also be upgraded with the award winning Wavelet processor for the higest level of performance and even more control.
“Speakers That Every Audiophile Should Seek Out… I Could Hear It All.” - Jim Clements, Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity
2021 The Absolute Sound Editors' Choice Award Winner
This award is given to products they've purchased or would recommend to a close friend or relative.Learn More
Other select accolades include:
Recommended Product of The Year Award Winner
Stereomojo Product of The Year
The Absolute Sound Golden Ear Award
Stereophile Recommended Component of The Year
Legacy Dual AMT
Chief Designer, Bill Dudleston, describes the development of the new AERIS loudspeaker: “…it gave me the opportunity to tool a new AMT folded ribbon tweeter to integrate with the smoothest, high efficiency 8” midrange built to date. I have yet to find a driver to challenge it. This silky 8” mid has a range of 7 octaves with nary a wrinkle in the response, yet a sensitivity of 98 dB. My initiative of providing a 4” AMT that could complement these capabilities was met with the challenge of accordion-folding 16 square inches of Kapton into the 4” long, 1” wide chamber. Neodymium again was employed to provide the flux density required. But the solution was made even more elegant by mounting the new 4” ribbon on the same faceplate as its complementary 1” AMT ribbon super-tweeter. The results were more uniform dispersion and tremendous attack. Treble now had weight instead of tizz. A natural fullness in the treble is exhibited, reminding us why we love high-end audio so much.”Learn More
Aeris Internal Crossover
Featuring silver HF wiring, Clarity capacitors, and OFC point to point wiring with star ground configuration, the upper section crossover is concealed within the Aeris body. The crossover can be illuminated, with the On/Off switch, in your choice of lighting, to show off the intricate crossover. The dual 12" subwoofers are actively crossed over and time aligned by the included Legacy Wavelaunch or Wavelet processor.
"Legacy’s founder and chief designer, Bill Dudleston, is a real pioneer in the audio industry."
"Legacy gives you real quality, technology, innovation and value when it comes to fine high end speakers."Read the Review
"The advanced room correction winnowed out most every response anomaly including any trace of floor bounce.
By far the flattest response I have heard in my room... And don’t forget that I measured less than 1% THD at 120 dB and 32 Hz!
This is the best low bass distortion reading of any full-range speaker I have ever tested...
Is it excellent? Yes. Does anybody else out there have anything quite like it? Nope.
The Aeris have what may be the most advanced room correction system in the history of consumer audio."
- Product Manual Download Manual
- Application: DSP based bi-amped hybrid dipole
- System Type: 6 driver, 4.5 way
- Tweeter: Dual Air Motion Tweeter System- 1" AMT super tweeter & 4" AMT tweeter
- Midrange: 8" titanium encrusted, accordion edge with 6 lb magnetic structure
- Midwoofer: 10" accordion edge with 10 lb magnetic structure
- Subwoofer: Dual 12" ultra-linear bass drivers with 15 lb motor
- Passive Radiator: 10" Mass loaded pneumatic
- Low Frequency Alignment: Hybrid Cardioid, dual rear ported
- Inputs: 1 Pair binding posts for Upper range, 1 XLR balanced for Bass
- Internal Amplification: Dual 500w ICEpower amplifiers
- Recommended Amplification: 1 External channel of 15-500w required. Bass section is driven with 1000w of internal power
- Freq. Response (Hz, +/-2dB): 18-30k, includes 24 bit processor
- Impedance: 4 Ohm/ 10k amp Input
- Sensitivity: 95.4 dB (2.83V@1m)
- Crossover (Hz): 80, 2.8k, 8k
- Cabinet Dimensions HxWxD (inches): Upper Cabinet: 58 x 14.5 x 16 Base: 1 x 19 x 17.5
- Weight: 182 lbs each
- Shipping Weight: 301 lbs each
- Article: Legacy Audio is 4X 2021 Editors' Choice Winner at The Absolute Sound
- Article: Legacy Receives Three Best of 2020 Awards at Florida Audio Expo
- Article: “Legacy is Musical Highlight of 2020, a Lot of Speaker for The Money"
- Article: “Speed & Openness, The Name of the Game” Legacy at AXPONA 2019
- Article: Legacy in "Full Force" at First Annual Florida Audio Expo
- Article: Legacy is the 2019 Editors' Choice
- Article: Legacy "Legendary Sound & Performance Value" at RMAF 2018
- Article: Legacy Wows at AXPONA 2018, "I Score the Legacy VALORS A+, Summa Cum Laude!"
- Article: "Legacy is Pioneering this Industry” Audioholics Interview with Bill Dudleston
- Article: Legacy Awarded Trio of Editors' Choice Awards in 2018
- Article: Legacy Audio Joins The Cinema Designer Database
- Article: Legacy Impresses at AXPONA 2017: "Truly Outstanding Sound"
- Article: Legacy Receives 6th Consecutive Editors’ Choice from The Absolute Sound
- Article: Legacy Aeris & Wavelet are 2016 Golden Ear Award Winners
- Article: With Legacy "I heard tight and powerful controlled bass, clear vocals..."
- Article: Legacy Speakers: "My Best Investment" - L.A. Reid
- Article: "I did not hear ANY speakers that make me want to upgrade" from Legacy Aeris
- Article: BRC Audio Productions Mastering
- Article: Legacy Awarded 5th Consecutive Editors' Choice from The Absolute Sound
- Article: Legacy Aeris is 2015 Product of The Year
- Article: Legacy "Plans to Rule the World of Hifi" with V & Aeris
- Article: Watch Legacy Aeris: At First Sight
- Article: Legacy Speakers: Editors' Choice 4 Years Running
- Article: “One word to sum it up- amazing. With the Legacy Aeris, music seems to have been taken out of a box"
- Article: Legacy Aeris: One of The Greatest Bargains in High End
- Article: Legacy Aeris is "Bad Ass Award" Winning Speaker
- Article: The Back To Back Golden Ear Award-Winning Legacy Aeris
- Article: Legacy Aeris is 2014 Consumer Excellence Award Winner
- Article: Legacy Aeris & Focus SE Awarded 2014 Editors' Choice by The Absolute Sound
- Article: Legacy Aeris is The Absolute Sound's Speaker of The Year
- Article: Aeris: "It was pretty easy to see why Legacy has so many fans."
- Article: Golden Ear Award Winning Legacy Aeris- The Avatar of What The Next Generation of Speakers Should Be
- Article: Legacy Aeris Makes International Debut at High End Show Munich
- Article: How to Control Legacy Audio Speakers with the Xilica Processor
- Article: Legacy Aeris Featured: New Gear for the New Year
- Article: Legacy Audio Dual Air Motion Tweeter (AMT): Continuing the Pursuit for Perfection
- Article: Legacy Awarded Best Sound (Highest Value) by Robert Harley, The Absolute Sound
- Review: Legacy Aeris & Wavelet: "A Vital Step Forward"
- Review: Legacy Aeris: "Speakers That Every Audiophile Should Seek Out… I Could Hear It All."
- Review: Legacy Aeris: "Without Question One of The Great Values in High End Audio"- Robert Youman
- Review: Legacy Aeris brings "What Others Cannot: The LIFE" Receives Reference 100% Award
- Review: Aeris: Effortless listening. Simply the finest loudspeaker system I’ve had the privilege of hearing.
- Review: Legacy Aeris Review- "The Avatar of What the Next Generation of Speakers Should Be"
Wavelet DAC / Preamp / Processor
The Legacy Audio Wavelet is a control preamp, a high-end DAC, a 2/3/4-way digital crossover with time alignment and a speaker correction system that will literally “learn” your room.Learn More
The V high performance speaker system from Legacy Audio is a groundbreaking achievement that unites perfect timing with incredible design. This 4 way system is the first to use the Legacy Wavelet Processor (an advanced speaker & room resonance correction system with a high-end DAC/Preamplifier) and features open air dipole midrange, dual subwoofers with internal amplification, two Legacy 4” long AMT tweeters in a specially optimized post convergent array and craftsmanship display options.Learn More
Marquis XD Center Speaker
The Marquis XD offers the piston area to do the center channel the way it should be done.Learn More
Take advantage of the increased dynamic capability of high resolution recordings with the Legacy i·V2 dual mono amplifier. You will enjoy a lower noise floor in your recordings, stronger crests, and increased dynamic resolution.Learn More