- Masters Collection
The V high performance speaker system from Legacy Audio is a groundbreaking achievement that unites perfect timing with incredible design. This 4 way system is the first to use the Legacy Wavelet Processor (an advanced speaker & room resonance correction system with a high-end DAC/Preamplifier) and features open air dipole midrange, dual subwoofers with internal amplification, two Legacy 4” long AMT tweeters in a specially optimized post convergent array and craftsmanship display options.
The Legacy V is the first system to use the new dual 4” long Legacy AMT neodymium tweeters, arranged in a specially optimized post convergent array that masterfully presents treble which extends up to 30kHz. Building upon the advances first developed for the award winning AERIS speaker system, V features open air dual 14” carbon/pulp drivers delivering detailed and spacious midrange and bass.
Legacy Chief Designer Bill Dudleston utilized a 12” ultra linear bass driver with a 15lb motor complemented by another 12” aluminum very low frequency radiator which drives three 10” mass loaded pneumatic radiators. The result? Unprecedented excursion at the longest wavelengths with superior dynamic response. The V speaker system even shapes low frequencies into a cardioid pattern to avoid room coloration. The low frequencies are amplified by the included 1,500 Watts of the latest generation of ICEpower® amplification.
The system is the first to include the Legacy Wavelet Processor. Wavelet is a preamp, a four-way crossover with time alignment, complete speaker and room resonance correction, and a high-end DAC with apodizing ability. The Preamp and DAC can also be bypassed at the touch of a button. Wavelet debuts the revolutionary Bohmer acoustic processing to optimize the loudspeaker/room acoustic transfer function in both the frequency and time domains. Working with new algorithms it starts with a psychoacoustically based measurement method with the provided calibrated microphone. Alignments are then individually optimized within an unprecedented 40ms window by way of a wireless iPad, smart phone or computer. The result is audibly improved transient response that allows the V system to operate accurately and consistently in any listening environment.
The V system’s ultra high end performance capabilities are only matched by its design. The intricately crafted cabinet features optional high gloss, real wood veneer and aluminum extrusions. The elegant design is highlighted by a gentle illumination from within the center of each tower- complimenting the groundbreaking performance technology within the V speaker system. The latest speaker in the Handcrafted Master's Series, the Legacy V ushers in the new benchmark in speaker systems.
“A True Assault on The State of The Art.” - Anthony H. Cordesman, The Absolute Sound
2022 The Absolute Sound Editors' Choice Award Winner
“I thought the simpler version of this driver (Legacy AMT) in the Aeris was excellent, and it sounds even better in the Legacy V. This one is very, very good: tight, fast, and transparent with the natural life and air the best recordings provide.” - Anthony H. Cordesman, The Absolute SoundLearn More
High End Craftsmanship & Premium Finish Options
The top of the Legacy V Speaker in high gloss black with rosewood and aluminum trim extrusions.
Dual 4" AMT System
The Legacy V System utilizes new dual 4” long Legacy AMT neodymium tweeters, arranged in a specially optimized post convergent array that masterfully presents treble which extends up to 30kHz.
Open Air Dipole Midrange
"You can pay any amount of money you wish for a speaker with smallish midrange drivers and not get this experience. A speaker wins when it gets sold in large numbers by the manufacturer and is loved by the owners. The V deserves to be sold briskly around the world and cherished by audiophile fanatics." - Doug Schroeder, DagogoRead the Review
The V system is supported by heavy duty metal and rubber feet, all with high end craftsmanship throughout. The connections panel features dual XLR inputs and dual sets of binding posts for two external amplifiers. V can also be optionally designed with 3 internal amplifiers, requiring only one external amplifier.
High End Performance Theater
A trio of Legacy V speakers anchor this high end surround system.Learn More
- Product Manual Download Manual
- Application: DSP Based ultra-dynamic system with unprecedented room adaptability
- Processor: Wavelet 2 input, 8 output, 56 bit DSP, Room Correction/Stereo Unfold algorithm
- System Type: 8 driver system with 4 channel DSP crossover
- Tweeter: Dual 4" AMT Ribbons configured in post convergent array
- Midrange: Dual 6" curvilinear with phase plug configured in dipolar array
- Midwoofer: Dual 14" Carbon/pulp, neodymium motor, cast frame, dipolar pattern
- Bass: 12" ultra-linear bass driver, 15 lb motor structure
- Subwoofer: 12" Aluminum diaphragm, 480 oz motor structure, cast frame, 3" dual 4 layer voice coil
- Passive Radiator: (3) 10" Mass loaded pneumatic
- Low Frequency Alignment: Compound B6, B2 handing up to dipole
- Inputs: 2 pair binding posts for Midbass and Upper Range, 2 XLR balanced for Sub & Bass
- Internal Amplification: ICE powered Subwoofer 1000w, Bass 500w
- Recommended Amplification: 2 external channels of 30w or greater required. Sub & Bass sections are driven with a total of 1500w of internal Power
- Freq. Response (Hz, +/-2dB): 16Hz-30kHz
- Impedance: 4 ohm upper range/ 10k Amp Input
- Sensitivity: 98 dB (2.83 Volts@1m)
- Crossover (Hz): 80 Hz, 400 Hz, 3kHz
- Cabinet Dimensions HxWxD (inches): 72 x 18.75 x 19
- Weight: 231 Ibs each
- Shipping Weight: 362 lbs each
- Article: Four Legacy Audio Speakers Named 2022 Editors' Choice Award Winners
- Article: Legacy Audio is 4X 2021 Editors' Choice Winner at The Absolute Sound
- Article: Dynamic Range Advantages in Legacy Technology
- Article: “Speed & Openness, The Name of the Game” Legacy at AXPONA 2019
- Article: Legacy is the 2019 Editors' Choice
- Article: Legacy "Legendary Sound & Performance Value" at RMAF 2018
- Article: Legacy Awarded Trio of Editors' Choice Awards in 2018
- Article: Legacy Impresses at AXPONA 2017: "Truly Outstanding Sound"
- Article: Legacy Receives 6th Consecutive Editors’ Choice from The Absolute Sound
- Article: Legacy Speakers: "My Best Investment" - L.A. Reid
- Article: "At less than half the price of Wilson, I’d take the Legacy V, even if the two cost the same."
- Article: Legacy Awarded 5th Consecutive Editors' Choice from The Absolute Sound
- Article: Legacy V is The Absolute Sound's Breakthrough Technology of The Year
- Article: High End Performance Theater Chooses Legacy V Speaker System
- Article: Industry Legends Listening Session & Legacy V Makes "Auspicious Debut" at Newport Show
- Article: Legacy "Plans to Rule the World of Hifi" with V & Aeris
- Article: Legacy V System Wins Gold Show Award for Best Sound at 2015 AXPONA
- Article: Hear The Difference: High Resolution Audio with the Legacy V System
- Article: The Legacy V is "like your own personal concert. The highest sense of presence..."
- Article: Legacy Speakers are "The Finest Sound I Have Ever Heard"- Atlanta Audio Meeting Report
- Article: Watch: Legacy V Speaker Video Preview
- Article: "Legacy Audio V is a Technological Tour de Force- Smooth, Clean & Perfectly Timed"
- Article: The Ultimate A/B Comparison with the Legacy Audio V & Lyn Stanley
- Article: Legacy V is Best in Show, A Stunner
- Review: Legacy V is "The Best Performance I Have Heard From Any Speaker"
- Review: Legacy Audio V Review- “A True Assault on The State of The Art.”
The flagship Legacy, Valor, relies on graceful styling to conceal an extraordinary arsenal of new technology. At nearly six feet in height and closing in on 300 pounds the Valor employs 2750 watts of internal power per side and a 56 bit processor to reproduce even the most dynamic performances with unprecedented detail.Learn More
Marquis XD Center Speaker
The Marquis XD offers the piston area to do the center channel the way it should be done.Learn More
Wavelet DAC / Preamp / Processor
The Legacy Audio Wavelet is a control preamp, a high-end DAC, a 2/3/4-way digital crossover with time alignment and a speaker correction system that will literally “learn” your room.Learn More
Take advantage of the increased dynamic capability of high resolution recordings with the Legacy i·V2 dual mono amplifier. You will enjoy a lower noise floor in your recordings, stronger crests, and increased dynamic resolution.Learn More