- Performance Collection
Legacy Audio’s new i·V 7 is the most powerful home theater amplifier to date. Featuring state of the art ICEedge® technology, the elegant seven channel amplifier approaches 80% efficiency while delivering 600 watts per channel into 8 ohms all seven channels driven.
Featuring state of the art ICEedge® technology, the elegant seven channel amplifier approaches 80% efficiency while delivering 600 watts per channel into 8 ohms all seven channels driven. Such exceptional power is the product of very high current (i) and voltage (V) output capabilities providing stability into low impedances with a peak output current capability of 38A.
i·V 7 Features:
- Short circuit protection
- Thermal protection
- Triggered On/Off
- Standby switch
- Front panel status indicator
Say goodbye to excessive heat and transformer hum. The crystal-clear sound is virtually noise-free and reliability is assured- after all, it’s a Legacy.
The Legacy i·V series is available in a monoblock up to an eight channel configuration.
"Does That Extra Power Make A Difference? In My Listening It Certainly Did." - Al Griffin, Sound & Vision
These long life amplifiers employ ICEedge® technology to sound as clean and uncolored as the best of the best while running much cooler. This balanced differential design operates against a background of silence while delivering incredible current and voltage outputs on demand.
The i·V 7 features 4 independent power supplies. Each board employs large storage capacitors which allow sustained power, not just peak headroom like most Class D amps. Each of these dual channel boards can deliver more than 1,200 watts total; shared between two channels or dedicated to a single channel.
Take advantage of the increased dynamic capability of today's high resolution recordings with the Legacy i·V amplifier series. You will enjoy a lower noise floor in your recordings, stronger crests and increased dynamic resolution.Learn More
With unprecedented power underneath the sleek chassis and front panel meter, the i·V7 is great for multichannel duties, including emerging Atmos® systems. Higher amplifier power assures the proper snap in transients and means dense musical arrangements will avoid the smearing, strain and inevitable distortion as complex passages reach higher levels. If you thought loud car crashes, rocket launches and dinosaur footsteps are all high power is good for, you might also consider the benefits of lower noise floor and increased dynamic resolution.
- Product Manual Download Manual
- Power Rating 660 watts per channel x 7 @ 4 ohms, all channels driven 610 watts per channel x 7 @ 8 ohms, all channels driven
- Peak Power 1.2 kW peak power from any channel @ 4 Ohm/ 1kHz with less than 1% distortion
- Over Current Protection Breaker reset for excessive sustained current
- Inputs Fully balanced XLR, single-end RCA
- Outputs Gold plated safety approved five-way binding posts
- Damping factor 750 average, 20Hz to 1kHz
- Voltage Gain 25.8 dB
- Dynamic Range 127 dB, A-weighted
- Voltage/Current 98 Vp/ 38Ap
- Input Sensitivity 5.0 Vp @ 1200W/4 Ohm
- Input Impedance 38 kOhm for both pin 2+ and pin 3-
- Channel Separation 120 dB at 1kHz
- Unit Weight 31 lbs
- Unit Dimensions 17.5" W x 15.6" D x 5.8" H
- Notes Highest power output can be obtained using a single 230V, 20A line or dual 120V, 20A lines. A conventional single AC cord is provided. A dual headed AC cord can also be provided for use with power filtration systems with multiple circuits.
- Article: Legacy i.V7 Amplifier Named Best of 2021, "Thumbs Up" Award
- Article: Is Your System 24-Bit Ready?
- Article: Legacy i·V7 Sound & Vision Top Pick, Best Gear of Summer 2020
- Article: Legacy Receives Three Best of 2020 Awards at Florida Audio Expo
- Article: “Legacy is Musical Highlight of 2020, a Lot of Speaker for The Money"
- Article: New Legacy i·V “Powerhouse Amplifiers” Audioholics Interview with Bill Dudleston
- Article: Amplifiers for the Future of High Performance Audio
- Article: "High Performance Audio Kings", Legacy at CEDIA 2019
- Article: Introducing i·V7 - the Flagship Home Theater Amplifier from Legacy Audio
- Review: i·V2 "A Remarkable Achievement in Amplification"
- Review: i·V4 ULTRA is “Easily My Favorite Amp of All Time- An Exhilarating Experience”
- Review: Legacy i·V7: “The Future for Surround Sound Amplifiers… All I Can Say is Wow.”
- Review: Legacy i·V 7 "Does That Extra Power Make A Difference? In My Listening It Certainly Did."
Great for Atmos® installations, the elegant i·V8 amplifier features state of the art ICEedge® technology and approaches 80% efficiency while delivering 610 watts per channel into 8 ohms all channels driven.Learn More
Legacy elegant i·V5 home theater amplifier Features state of the art ICEedge® technology and approaches 80% efficiency while delivering 610 watts per channel into 8 ohms all channels driven.Learn More
Marquis XD Center Speaker
The Marquis XD offers the piston area to do the center channel the way it should be done.Learn More
Phantom HD Surround Speaker
The best surround speaker money can buy. The Phantom HD on-wall speaker provides a multipolar radiation pattern for the ultimate in spatial envelopment.Learn More