- Performance Collection
Legacy's new Foundation is a dynamic dual subwoofer system, delivering essential lower frequency output. Foundation delivers incredible attack with ultra-low distortion and world class definition utilizing only 1.5 square feet of floor space.
Lowest frequencies emerge from Legacy's Foundation subwoofer with exceedingly low distortion. Exhibiting extremely natural bass weight and transient attack, Foundation requires a mere 1.5 square feet of floor space.
Implementing patented compound passive radiator technology and a pair of Legacy's renown long throw 12" woofers, Foundation delivers a more forceful attack, rebounding without the usual mechanical shuddering present in subwoofers. Foundation offers exceptional tonality and bass definition previously unattainable at this price level.
Supercharged with ICEpower® amplifier technology, Foundation benefits from 30 amps of peak current, ultimately necessary to provide tight control to the 3 inch voice-coil within the massive 30 lb magnetic structure of each cast-frame woofer. Legacy invites you to compare this subwoofer with any competing subwoofer….we think you’ll be amazed!
"My system has never produced more bass slam and gut-shaking output. It really scratched my every itch when it comes to bass reproduction." - Jim Clements, Secrets of Home Theater
Ultra Long Throw 12" Subwoofer
Foundation utilizes a pair of our ultra long throw 12" subwoofers. This driver offers the highest Xmax available in its efficiency class, a 3" dual 4 layer voice coil and a 480oz (30lb) motor structure. The powerful motor structure and dual 3" voice-coils are required to keep the woofer's heavy cone well damped electrically. The voice-coil leads are woven into the spider so they can't slap the cone on large excursions. The internal ICEpower® amplifier's current capability is an ideal match for the series/parallel load of the 4 voice-coils.
Foundation provides variable level control, continuous phase adjustment and a wide range of crossover frequencies. Also included is our unique blend control to finesse the transition in the overlap area from your main speakers. These controls will allow you to
tailor the sound of the sub to your room and integrate with your main speakers.
Best Subwoofer Award
The Legacy Foundation received a "Best of 2018" Award from Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity for Best Subwoofer.Read the Review
"The Foundation had amazing power reserves and deep extension. It also reproduced musical pieces equally as well as cranking out the big bass effects of my favorite movies. It’s an all-around winner which even includes its fetching good looks!"
Jim Clements, Co-Editor, Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity
- Product Manual Download Manual
- Application: Dynamic dual subwoofer system, delivering essential low frequency output
- System Type: Mutually coupled subwoofers, pneumatically loaded
- Subwoofer: (2) 12" spun aluminum diaphragm, 480oz motor structure, cast frame, 3" dual 4 layer voice coil, 2" peak to peak travel
- Passive Radiator: (2) 12" Patented Symmetrically Loaded Passive System radiators, 4" peak to peak travel
- Low Frequency Alignment: Electrically assisted 6th order
- Inputs: Sub (LFE), L/R RCA, balanced XLR
- Internal Amplification: 1000 Watts Class D ICEpower®
- Freq. Response (Hz, +/- 2dB): 16-120
- Impedance: 10k Ohms
- Phase Adjustment: Continuous +/-180
- Blend EQ: +/- 12 dB @45Hz
- Max SPL: 120 dB @ 1m
- Low Pass Filter Slope: 18 dB per octave
- Crossover (Hz): 40-120
- Dimensions (HxWxD, inches): 29 x 14.5 x 15
- Weight: 113 lbs
- Article: Best Sound, Home Theater Award at What HiFi India 2020
- Article: Legacy Foundation Awarded "Best Subwoofer of 2018"
- Article: Legacy "Legendary Sound & Performance Value" at RMAF 2018
- Article: Legacy Impresses at AXPONA 2017: "Truly Outstanding Sound"
- Article: 20 Great Deep Bass Tracks
- Review: "The Legacy Foundation Subwoofer Proved Itself Every Day"
Dynamic braking, a new 15” driver with spun aluminum black cone and a massive 35 lb. magnet structure, plus 15" passive radiator and additional ICEpower® amplification make this unit absolutely world class. Bass with BOUNCE, not boom.Learn More
A favorite of recording and mastering studios, audiophiles and home theater enthusiasts alike, the Focus SE is the reference standard in full range speakers.Learn More
Legacy Audio’s new i·V 7 is the most powerful home theater amplifier to date. Featuring state of the art ICEedge® technology, the elegant seven channel amplifier approaches 80% efficiency while delivering 600 watts per channel into 8 ohms all seven channels driven.Learn More
Legacy elegant i·V5 home theater amplifier Features state of the art ICEedge® technology and approaches 80% efficiency while delivering 610 watts per channel into 8 ohms all channels driven.Learn More