- Pro Solutions
The Wavelaunch Array is designed specifically for the highest quality in music and sound reproduction, providing unprecedented uniform directivity control down to the second octave.
The digital matrix steering assures off-center seating is as balanced as the center of the house. The 'tic-tac-toe' array utilizes dipolar radiators in the four corner cells to contour side radiation and greatly reduce spill-over.
Available with up to 4 channels of 1,000 watts internal power, the cells of the matrix are adjustable in time and intensity relative to their neighboring cells. The DSP processing is available in 4 x 8, 8 x 8, and 16 x 16 input/output configurations, making the Wavelaunch Array the perfect solution for high definition audio in the theater environment.
How Legacy Achieves Constant Directivity Full Bandwidth
The central cluster assures a controlled and uniform radiation pattern. As the frequency drops, the energy is progressively shared out to the perimeter drivers. This accounts for highly uniform directivity.
But unlike other designs, the directivity remains uniform even at low frequencies due to the proprietary steering method and dependence on constructive and destructive interference.
At the rear, the dipoles destructively combine at low frequencies with the omnidirection bass elements to nearly cancel rear radiation. Nicknamed the 'Tic Tac Toe' array, this technology developed by Chief Designer, Bill Dudleston, has been implemented in a number of Legacy designs.
- Application: Long projection, high SPL, live sound, theaters, auditoriums
- System Type: Proprietary 4 way 'tic-tac-toe' array reduces bass spill-over and sidewall interaction
- Mounting: Stackable
- System Directivity: 45 degrees vertically, 45 degrees horizontally
- Projection Distance: Up to 200 feet
- Tweeter: Comrpession, coaxial
- Midrange: (4) 6.5" arrayed drivers with phase plug
- Midwoofer: (4) dipole, (4) sealed 15" carbon filled pulp
- Subwoofer: mate with doubleHelix subwoofer
- Low Frequency Alignment: Supercardioid
- Freq. Response (Hz, +/-3dB): 35-20k
- Sensitivity (Room, dB@ 2.83V): 110 dB
- Crossover Freq. (Hz): 400, 800, 3K
- Inputs: 4 XLR balanced inputs
- Internal Amplification: (2) to (4) channels of 500 watt ICEpower®
- Peak Output Current: 35 A per channel
- Idle Noise: 80 microvolts
- Output per channel: 500W @ 0.05% THD+N (1kHz, 4Ω)
- Amplifier Efficiency: 83% (250W, 8Ω)
- Protection Schemes: under-voltage, thermal, over-current, high freq.
- Idle Power: 3 watts/module x 4
- Start-up: soft start, mute/de-mute
- Dimensions (HxWxD, inches): 3 sections, 18 x 54 x 18
- Weight: 165 lbs per section
The Legacy Wavelaunch Processor is at the heart of many Legacy systems.Learn More
The double Helix is capable of high SPL audio of the highest quality while maintaining a controlled radiation pattern via DSP. This super speaker system was originally designed for L.A. Reid and Universal Music Group and is employed in the Michael Jackson Conference Center at SONY/Epic Studios in Manhattan.Learn More
Bursting through the sound barrier...The Wall from Legacy Audio is an ultra high performance tower, suitable for the commercial theater, club or production studio.Learn More
The doubleHelix Subwoofer provides extreme low end extension for this high performance system. The subwoofer cells are modular and can be stacked beneath the doubleHelix mains.Learn More